Wednesday, June 24, 2009

'a happy hello' in a row



I wanted to play along with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this week, gave the sketch a turn and thought the little squares would make perfect windows for this sweet stack of birds from Remember Happiness, Unity's August 2008 Kit of the Month. Although I love this Basic Grey patterned paper, I think it's a little busy for this card--I tried to tie it together with my wavy border and SU ribbon and buttons. The birds are coloured with copics. And since Emily asked, I used my smaller square nestabilities to punch out the squares--they made it easy (although maybe a little time-consuming) because I just had to line up the next square with the subtle embossed lines from the previous one.


Thanks for looking!
~Nancy

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous and unique! I love how you did the windows and stacked the birds. Can you tell me a little more about how you did the windows?

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm with Emily - WOW. Love the effect of the windows - fabulous idea - and the birds are perfect sitting there! Gorgeous
xXx

Nicki (CSS) said...

Great take on the challenge - love how you made them into little window squares - brilliant idea!

Bonita Rose said...

brilliant!

Karen Giron said...

Nancy, this is jaw-dropping! I love the windows with the birdies, that is SO cute! Fantastic job!