Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 2 of TE Sneak Peeks for July!

Today I'm sharing just a very small peek at the stamps and goodies available tomorrow at Taylored Expressions. From the Whimsical Wishes lineup and new Mokas, I have a card using images and coordinating dies from Birds of a Feather, a set of bird cages, birds and sentiments, and the new Taylor Moka.


First, I stamped the branch, chain and sentiment THINKING OF YOU in momento rich cocoa and the bird cage in a combination of SU kiwi kiss and PTI simply chartreuse then cut out the image. I used the branch die to cut out the complete branch but then trimmed off and used only the leaves. The scalloped border and wee birds are cut from TE dies too.



My next card featuring Taylor Moka follows the June SFYTT sketch. I don't think for a moment that this Moka looks like Taylor, but this seemed to be Taylor's favourite little dress from the collection. Maybe this is Taylor before she grew so tall!




I paper-pieced the sweet dress, hairband and purse and coloured her skin and with copics and prismacolors. Don't look too closely or you'll see how much bronzer she used today--I had already worked with the prismacolor pencils so no going back!! To bring the greens together, I inked the paper edges with bundled sage distressed ink. This is the perfect card for my niece who just graduated from her elementary school.


Thanks for looking today! Make sure you check out the Baker's Dozen 'cause there's so much to see...




22 comments:

Sankari W. said...

WOW Nancy! I love the way you combined the birdcage and the branch - so lovely - TOTALLY wanting to CASE this card! And your MOka Taylor is SO sweeeeet! I adore the colors and her paper pieced dress is so adorable!
big hugs!
Sankari :)

Karen Giron said...

Oh my! I am in love with these cards! Your little cage hanging from the branch is adorable and Moka Taylor is breath taking!! Love her!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOWZA! Great projects Nancy! Love your cards today. Thanks for designing such great things for us to play with! Have a wonderful day.

Natalie said...

Another fabulous day of inspiration!! Thank you!! Your paper piecing is wonderful and your cards are so sweet! Love the colors and styling Moka Taylor!!

Debbie Carriere said...

ADORABLE!!! Love the hanging bird cage! Moka Taylor is too sweet!! Love her :)

Stephanie K said...

I love the Moka girls paper pieced dress!! Sooooo cute! Both of your cards are fantastic :D

Betty said...

Beautiful cards! Your Taylor is adorable!!

g said...

the whole DT wants me to just blow my budget...again- LOL! these are both adorable cards! such great layouts & sweet images!

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful! I love the paper piecing on Moka Taylor.

Unknown said...

These are great! I love the color combos!

JessicaK said...

MokaTaylor's dress looks beautiful.

Sharon in Arizona said...

Hi Nancy - Your cards are beautiful. Love the colors!!! Thanks for sharing, Hugs, Sharon :o)

Jill Norwood said...

Your designs are so lovely! I am enjoying hopping around everyone's blogs to see all the designs with the new sets! Love the paper piecing you did with Moka Taylor! So cute! And I adore birds and birdcages and your card is precious! :)

Steph Herbert said...

Fabulous cards! I love how clean the designs are. :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I looove how you paper pieced Moka Taylor's sweet dress! Very cute! and what a beautiful 'birdie' card! Very inspiring :)

Susan said...

Super cute cards. Thanks so much for sharing.

Rachel G said...

Adorable! Love her paper pieced dress. And I love the cage on the branch!

Jennifer Moore said...

What a sweet card. Love the paper pieced dress.

Jillisgram said...

So cute, the bird on a branch. And I like the paper pieced dress too!

Jodi Collins said...

Moka taylor is GORGEOUS Nancy! LOVE!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE these, Nancy! That bird card is amazing and Taylor is just adorable!

Danielle L. said...

Oh snap! I LOVE both cards. What an amazing idea to stamp the branch but add the diecut leaves! And Moka Taylor is perfect!