Monday, April 2, 2012

1st Day of TE Sneaks for April!

Today Taylor and her Baker's Dozen are showcasing the Whimsical Wishes set Make It Amazing and I get to play along. I wanted to focus on stamping and keeping it simple with my cards today.


First I used the branch border image in the set and stamped in Versamark on plum pudding card stock. I've die cut the label first, stamped the solid flower image and then used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the inner label image and the Happy Mother's Day sentiment. I tend to use my stamp-a-ma-jig more times than not to stamp within my TE die shapes. The butterfly is stamped in Momento ink and coloured with copies and prismacolors.




Again, my next card is simple stamping and inking. I rocked the butterflies in Tim Holtz Distress scattered straw, wild honey and frayed burlap inks; and stamped the branch and inked edges in frayed burlap.




And finally, Taylor is introducing a set of five large Fancy Buckles to adorn ribbon and use in other creative ways. I used scraps of ribbon and alternated colours of die cut buckles to create this happy card. To take it one step further, I could have used buttons in the centres of each buckle, but chose to keep it simple. The Just Because sentiment is included in the Make It Amazing set.




Can't wait to hop around to see what the Baker's Dozen has cooked up today...


Thanks for stopping by!
~Nancy

22 comments:

Cassie said...

Stunning cards, Nancy! I love your butterfly :D

Isabel Z said...

Such creativity; I love what you created.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Nancy, these are just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE what you did with those fancy buckle dies!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! These cards are all wonderful! That first one is perfect for my mom whose favorite color is purple, but I love how neat that last one is, really modern, clean and simple!

wendy said...

amazing so pretty...love the new dies!

Kary said...

Such pretty cards, Nancy!! Love all of them. The butterflies look amazing and I love the sentiments. Your last card is awesome with the ribbons. Thanks for sharing your creations & I really adore all your stamp designs, Nancy.

Taylor said...

How cool are these!? I love both of the Make it Amazing cards, but the Fancy Buckles card takes the cake! So CLEVER and CUTE!

Beckie said...

Gorgeous. New follower ;0)

Be blessed, Beckie

Melody said...

Beautiful Make It Amazing cards and the Buckle card is creative and so cute!

Sabine said...

Very pretty and elegant cards!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful cards! Love the way you have used the fancy buckles for the last card too!

Ashley Newell said...

What beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

Love the purple butterfly card and what a fun idea for ribbon using the buckles!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Your cards are so awesome! TFS! ;o)

Karen Motz said...

These are all SO pretty Nancy!!!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely group of cards!!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful projects, love that butterfly on the Mother's Day card.

Renee said...

You have some talent! i love these!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the fun design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Sabine said...

Very pretty and elegant cards!

Jodi Collins said...

These are all AMAZING Nancy! STUNNING layouts and designs!

Rosie Gustafson said...

Amazing cards! Thank you for sharing.