Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dana!

Although Dana is soaking up the sun in Cuba right now, I know she'll return to frostier weather. I wanted to warm her up with a little Flopsey and hot cocoa for her birthday. My daughter Morgana and I have been making pillow ornaments using fabric, stamps and a touch of glitter so I thought I'd make one for Dana too with the same image as the card (actually, it was the other way around--I made the ornament first). Colours are inspired by the Basic Grey urban prairie weather vane paper I used--Sorry Karen, I forgot about the pumpkin...one of Dana's favourite colours. Ooops.


We got on this pillow kick after my entry for the Unity Bachelor final challenge. They're so simple and easy and are both greeting and gift in one, I think.

Have a fabulous birthday, Dana!!

Other friends playing along today...


Thanks for stopping by...
~Nancy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Girl! This is super cute! She will love it...is the pillow for me??? LOL

Danni said...

Wow, this is so creative! Awesome job!

Karen Motz said...

This is so ADORABLE!!! I'm getting cozy just looking at Flopsey and his warm mug of yumminess!

Leslie said...

Gracious - this is so, so, SO cute - the card and the pouch! I love Flopsey's ears and tummy but the best is the ribbon with the stars sewn in - did you do that?!!!

Dana White said...

Nancy it's stunning thank you so much; it means a lot to me that you all thought of me on my birthday while I was away!!

Unknown said...

So very sweet!