Thursday, December 3, 2009

See Beyond Today

Just in case you didn't see this one yesterday, I thought I'd move it up...

A dear friend of mine is struggling with news. One of her 11-year-old twin girls (the twins are my daughter's friends too) has been diagnosed with crohn's disease and is learning how to use a feeding tube at Sick Kids this week. I made this card for my friend and her daughters. I hope they can 'see beyond' the pain and anger right now, recognize it for what it is and focus their energy and faith on healing. Easy to say...but I know a little about the power of the mind and positive healing, I think.



I used the Mojo Monday #114 sketch from last week and many of the same materials and accents as in my earlier sneak peaks--I just love this silhouette image in black! The butterflies are cut with spellbinders, stamped first in versamark and lightly highlighted with pearlescent chalk.



Thanks for looking!
~Nancy

6 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Thud.....................

I'm so sorry for your friend's daughter! What a beautiful card to raise their spirits!

Karen Motz said...

GASP!!! My jaw is hanging open right now!!! This card is STUUUUUUUUUUUUUNING!!!!!!! WOW...I love this silhouette in black too!!!! If anyone can bring positive thoughts to your friend, it's you. She's lucky to have you as a friend!!

Teri C said...

Oh oh oh oh oh!!! and OH again! You WOWED me with this!! TREMENDOUS!!!!

Lillian Child said...

That border - oh my - just beautiful!

Donna Baker said...

wow, all your cards are beautiful, Nancy! so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter I'm sure this card and your friendship mean a lot to her. Positive thinking is always good!! I love this set, btw *wink*

Anonymous said...

Another freakin' amazing card! My boss's wife and daughter both have Crohns and just so you know, struggled but both are doing really great! Everything will turn out ok! Think good thoughts girl!