Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nine wishes for the holidays

Peace. Home. Laughter. Happiness. Friendship. Holidays. Family. Lights. Spirit. This card is for a very good friend. Recent hopping took me from Delaney Gates' blog to Bonnie Marcus' Collection, Where Fashion Meets Paper. I loved the Hanukkah Candles party invitations--the image and the words were absolutely perfect for my friend who lives and breathes family, peace and her Jewish values. I case'd the image concept and turned again to Adobe Illustrator, my Wacom tablet and pen and lots of learning time! I think my menorah has a 'yoga' influence and I hope this is okay. I also changed the order of the words to suit my friend.


The family portrait is once again tucked into a pocket behind the focal image. The card itself is simple. I embossed the top part of the white panel with cuttlebug Swiss dots; embossed two lines below the dots using my Scor Pal; and used nesties to achieve clean, embossed edges on the menorah image and black mat. The blue is a patterned paper from my old stash; I was looking for the right blue, but coincidentally, the reverse side has white dots on blue.





Stamps: warmest wishes, Hero Arts
Ink: SU basic black, copics for flames
Paper: Xerox 110lb cardstock, SU basic black, SU whisper white textured, unknown blue
Other: square Nestabilities dies, swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder, Stickles, Scor Pal, computer, Adobe Illustrator, Wacom tablet and pen

1 comment:

Karen Motz said...

What a beautiful card, and thoroughly thoughtful. Your friend is going to LOVE it! Fabulous family photo too...great looking bunch!