Thursday, May 7, 2009

Delightful Deer

So here's my submission for Unity's FIRST stamp challenge on Splitcoast and Taylor’s Cupcake Challenge #66. Since I only started my Unity obsession with my first order on March 23, 2009, this seems funny to ‘use and rediscover’ my oldest stamp. But this cute little fawn and ‘delightful’ sentiment are from the first set (the November KOTM “enjoy YOUR STORY...laugh”) on my first invoice. The fence and hills image is from Jolly Winter, which I actually received as a free bonus on one of my subsequent orders. I begun thinking I was going to create a simple one-layered card inspired by Krystie Hersch, who I just discovered recently. I love her use of sponging within a frame and white, clean cards. Simple is tougher than it looks!
I had another image in mind for Taylor's challenge, but since the two deadlines are quickly approaching, I combined them here. The scene and fawn are stamped in SU chocolate chip craft and clear embossed. I sponged the grass and sky using finger daubers and SU certainly celery, bashful blue and soft sky classic ink. I coloured the fawn with copics. The buttons are from Taylor’s Special Lady Bundle - What's the Deal? bundle. I trimmed around the frosted flowers in the patterned paper (from the me & my BIG ideas Fashion District paper collection) and overlapped the bottom two layers of Taylor’s sketch.

Thanks for looking...
~Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is cute!

Regan said...

seriously...this is gorgeous!