Friday, August 6, 2010

August Release Day at Taylored Expressions!

I was pleased with myself getting a card ready for yesterday's sneak peeks, but with the kids in camps this week, I was able to stamp in the afternoon too, which is unheard of--I usually start around 11pm. So I have two more cards for you today. The new sets and dies become available to purchase later today at 8am PST!!

First, I had two clever TE customers tell me at the booth during Make 'n Takes at CHA that the pedestal for the bird bath in the new Tweet Hearts set could be used as a dress. You've seen it as intended as a bird bath in Carolina's adorable card, as a cool tree trunk in Charmaine's project, and today Jackie has mushrooms!!! I wanted to run with this idea and create a precious little black dress and Congratulations card. Could be for a stagette, to congratulate a friend who lost those pounds she felt she needed to, for a wedding (although I'm not sure where the groom is hiding!)...the possibilities are endless. I also wanted to show you that although the dies that coordinate with the new Take Note set are to 'DIE' for, if you have to make choices and keep them on a wish list for later, they still look good trimmed with scissors, which is exactly what I've done here. I added half pearls at the neckline and bling along the border folded at the bottom of the card. When my card was finished and photographed, I thought the label would look even better heat embossed...here's that version, which I hope shows the embossing:


Simple, and hopefully, elegant.

My second card turned out exactly how I imagined. I cut the bird base with legs intact and a second, separate striped body layer using my Silhouette, then stamped a wing with the large paisley print in the Tweet Hearts set. Each layer is popped up. I'm loving this Martha Stewart branch edge punch! I thought I'd leave the threads raw to tie in with the whole bird nesting theme. I'm so fond of this sentiment: you make a good day even better. So many of our friends deserve to know this, don't you think?



I also wanted to share three more pictures from CHA that Sankari forwarded to me. It's such a thrill to see myself with Taylor and her talented team in front of my Whimsical Wishes stamps!!!
And these are of Melissa and me, roomies and fast friends (I don't mean speedy...we just feel like we've known each other forever even though we just met).



Can't wait to see what Taylor and her Baker's Dozen have cooked up with all of the goodies available at Taylored Expressions today:
Thanks for having a look!
~Nancy

8 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

darling! love the dress:)

Jami said...

nancy - love seeing photos of you - so wish I could have been there to meet you - you are just a doll! Cute creations today - fun takes on the set!

Karen Giron said...

See? There you go again, creating something completely out of the box fantastic! Little black dress - amazing! Oh, I love your new photo on the blog - all I hear is "Karen?" when I look at your sweet expression. Love ya girl!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Nancy! I LOVE it as a dress! Especially with the pearls!

Melissa Sauls said...

Loooove that dress!! Both cards are just stunning!! And I loooooove the new pictures, rofl!! Especially my "deer in headlights" look!! Missing you soooo much roomie! Thanks for not recording my many "dances.". LOL!!

Karen Motz said...

Get out with the dress!!! Who thinks of these things????? Oh yeah, wait a minute...I'm typing to Mrs. Creative herself! LOL!!! Fun pictures too and I love your new profile photo! Miss YOU!!!

Carolina said...

LOVE the dress!!! The black, red and white is so striking! So glad you updated your profile pic...you look lovely!

Anonymous said...

You went to CHA!!! Awesome!!! You look very happy to be there!

Heather