Sunday, August 29, 2010

A VERY Sweet Sunday Sketch

Today I’m playing along as a guest stamper for Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch. While we were at CHA in Chicago, some of Taylor’s design team and I enjoyed a few laughs after the show over wine and long island iced teas. There are stories to tell, but I won’t go there! Today’s sketch is the product of such an evening. I think it looks much sweeter than it did on a cocktail napkin!

I used a few of the goodies I picked up at the MFT and Papertrey booths. Coming from Canada, I took advantage of the do-it-yourself shipping and walked out of the PTI booth with 4 free CHA-exclusive sets—that gives you an idea of how much I stuffed in my bags!


For my card, I stamped the tree image from MFT's Sheltering Tree and cut it out with the coordinating die-namics die. I also used MFT die-namics for the leaves, which I scored and folded slightly, and the grass border. I cut the circle in PTI's scrumptious Hawaiian Shores wool felt with nesties and stitched the swirl pattern. The squirrel and acorn are coloured with copics, then prismacolors with gamsol. And to help pop the sentiment, I sponged the nestie label with PTI's aqua mist ink and then with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in walnut stain after removing the nestie die.

Be sure to check out the Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs today and see their take on the sketch...and don't forget to link your project to Karen's post. She might just spotlight you on her blog next week.

Thanks for looking!

~Nancy

11 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Nancy your card for the sketch you created is incredible! I love how you used this fun tree as your circle and the embossing and grass border with the cute squirrel look fantastic!

Krista said...

Awesome card Nancy !!! Love it ! Great job with the tree !

Leslie said...

Love your card Nancy! The extra details you did make it outstanding - can't believe you sewed in a circle....did you get dizzy?! :)

Karen Motz said...

This is GORGEOUS Nancy!!!!!! I had so much fun with this sketch...and it brought back so many wonderful memories of CHA. Hugs!!!!!! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful card and super fun sketch!!!

Karen Giron said...

I love this card! The swirly stitching is amazing! Loved the sketch this week and I'm still giggling :)

Debi said...

Great concept! Love the cute little squirrel, too.

Melissa Sauls said...

Awwww...this is just tooo tooo cute Nancy!! It's about to time we got to see a lovely creation! :) Which reminds me...I still have some money to send!

Carolina said...

LOVEEEE your card! Adorable in every way. And to think I was there, right there, when you sketched this out. Hope you have a great week!

Lisa H. said...

ooooo, LOVE this! it's soo, sooo cute and well executed.

Unknown said...

Cute, cute Cute! I so love this!

Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!