Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tweet Hearts-Day 2 of TE Sneak Peeks

I didn’t want another fabulous Taylored Expressions release to arrive and not play along, so here’s my card using the newest addition to the Whimsical Wishes line I illustrate—Tweet Hearts. This set is full of fun and versatility—I’ve used at least 8 of the images (each leaf, the bird, branch and whimsical nest are separate stamps) and there are still plenty more! I stamped the larger paisley print image in versamark on my PTI Hawaiian shores cardstock base and carried that delicious colour through with the coordinating saddle stitch ribbon and blossom buttons.

When I don't use a sketch, this seems to be my 'go to' square card layout. Late at night, it just happens! I had to laugh at how much the basic layout looks like Karen's birthday card. I've switched up the colour scheme, used my new stash of Basic Grey oliver paper and played with the newest Taylored Expressions stamps though!!

Thought you might want to see pictures of some of the TE girls at CHA Chicago 2010 while you're stopping by (I only had my camera with me on the first morning of the Supershow so I don't have everyone). They are exactly how they sound in their blogs...fun, cheerful and warm not to mention talented. The photos they post are terrific, but let me tell you that their cards are truly incredible in person!!

Karen Giron, the official TE photographer for the show

Carolina in that adorable cupcake apron!

Alex, Sankari and me

Sankari in a Karen sandwich

The Canadians-Karen and me


Can't wait to see what Taylor and her Baker's Dozen have cooked up with Tweet Hearts today:

LIVE * LAUGH * LOVE...

~Nancy

12 comments:

Sankari W. said...

NAAAAANNNNNNCYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Oh those pictures just totally make me miss you!! Love the awesome Canadian duo picture of you and Karen together, and I love my Karen sandwich - awww, and look at you and Pinky lookin' so cute! Love Carolina's pose and Karen's awesome camera shot!!! And of COURSE - loveeeee your gorgeous card - LOOK at all those yummy elements that you combined into perfection! Gorgeous gorgeous! Those colors are simply divine and the sweet little birdie in the nest - is just toooo adorable!!! Love love love love and love it!!! Your illustrations are always perfection and I had so much fun stamping with them!!! Love you Nancyyyyyyyyy!!! Sorrry for the humungous letter :)))
Sending you sunshine and a bottle of wine (hey that rhymed!!!)
Sankari :)

Taylor said...

Ooooh.... absolutely gorgeous! I love the color combo you used and those sweet flower buttons on the tree!

These images were so fun to use! Thanks for more great designs!

Jami said...

You are absolutley cute as a button, Girl!! I am so so sorry that I missed out on meeting you! Love your sweet card and I do believe that you've created another HIT with this adorable stamp set!

Jackie Pedro said...

Nancy, your card is ADORABLE! LOVE the nest!! Another fantastically designed set from you!! I wish I could have been at CHA to meet you!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Nancy, this card is BREATHTAKING! LOVE this new set and your card showcases it SO beautifully! STUNNING colors, layout and design! I am SO bummed that I missed CHA and missed out on hanging out with you!!!! MWAH!

Karen Giron said...

Aw, Nancy! The trip went by way too fast and I miss our evening laugh fest! It was so nice to meet you {Karen? bwahaha!} and I can't wait to whip out the cocktail napkin sketches!! Your card is amazing and I love the layout - even if it is your go-to, late at night, stamping layout :) It's always a treat to see what you dream up with the sets you design - this one is darling!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a fun time at CHA been loving the pics posted all over the paper craft blogland!! Love your designs, love your stamps!! This is so sweet, especially love that color combo -BEAUTIFUL!!

DG said...

This card is adorbale. You must love this set as it matches with your blog artwork lol! Beautiful work as usual.

The pictures are adorbale of you all. I had such a nice time meeting everyone. The pictuers make me miss being at the show lol.

Carolina said...

I was so tickled pink to get your email letting us know that you had created a card for today's hop! I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I feel to have met you and spend some fun evenings with ya and the gals!!! Hope you had a good flight back and able to get a little R&R.

Your card is drop dead gorgeous!!! Love the shadowing you gave the bird nest and just the overall design.

Make sure to ping me if you decide to proceed with Silhouette custom orders...you know the girls and I are on the edge of our seats wanting some...Hugs & Smiles!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours and your fab go-to layout!! The pictures are amazing too. MISS YOU!!!!!!

Laurie Chilton said...

Hi Nancy.... I just want you to know how much I love your illustrations. I wish I could have hung out at the TE booth a bit longer at the CHA show but had to get back to work at our booth. Everyone at TE was so friendly! Thanks for the great die cut demo. I am definitely ordering Tweet Hearts tomorrow. :) Love Canada!!!!! How close are you to Sioux Narrows? My family has a summer place there. Hugs :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ADORABLE card, Nancy! I LOVE the buttons on there. . .just awesome! All of your pics are fabulous too! Makes me sad all over again that I missed all the fun! :)