Sunday, September 12, 2010

SSSC85-Three Guitars

Sorry to be a little late for Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this week. I had my card ready but I was in Niagara Falls for my son’s soccer tournament. Karen’s got another napkin sketch for you and I think it’s one that can be used for almost any occasion! The additional challenge this week was to create a birthday card and mail it to Operation Write Home who will then send our cards on to men and women serving in the armed forces to share with their loved ones. We weren’t supposed to use glitter but I hope glossy is okay. I wanted to create a birthday card that would be ideal for either a girl or boy so I used You’re My Hero, one of the Whimsical Wishes stamp sets I designed. I repeated the flame guitar in momento black ink on different patterned papers in the same grungy We R Memory Keepers teen angst collection then covered each guitar head with layers of crystal effects. Here's my card:




The Sweet Sunday Stampers have treats for you...

Thanks for looking...

~Nancy

5 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is VERY cool Nancy! I love the glossy guitars!!!!

Janet said...

ACK! i love this card! Are you sure its not coming to me ;) lol And you were in the falls and didn't stop by! ;)

Unknown said...

this card ROCKS! :-) We're looking for papercrafters to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!

Candice said...

Rock on!!! very nice card :-)

Donna Baker said...

What a great sketch and card! Totally adored the napkin sketch series just wish I had time to play in them! Maybe once we get settled & moved in!