Sunday, September 19, 2010

SSSC86-You're A Superstar!

So here's my card for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch today. I think I've actually been fairly true to the sketch for a change--it helps that it was a square sketch!! Instead of using patterned paper for the horizontal strip, I embossed a portion of the background cardstock and sanded it to reveal the white inner core of the paper. Both Henri and his little friend who is having her birthday party today were in yesterday's triathlon. They didn't know this in advance and were even in the same wave! So I've used my swirl embossing folder, a wheel-style sticker embellishment and a stitched wave in the background to represent the swim-bike-run event. The heart is for their friendship. Hope you enjoy the sketch and a very sweet Sunday. We're off to a birthday party!!
~Nancy

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This ROCKS Nancy! LOOOOOOVE this!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is fabulous Nancy! Love that adorable photo and the embossing is perfect for that panel! Great birthday card...what a fun way to personalize it!

Karen Motz said...

This is amazing!!! I love the embossed cardstock instead of a patterned paper panel!!!!! All the photos of yesterday triathlon are super!!!

Dana White said...

I can't believe Henri is doing Trathlons now! What an awesome card - looks like all the kids had a great time

Karen Giron said...

Amazing! Love the swirly embossed background and all the meaning you have in the card with the wave and heart. What a fun memory!