Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crafty Petites!-Day 2 of December Sneaks at Taylored Expressions




It’s Day 2 of December sneaks at Taylored Expressions! These next Whimsical Wishes ‘crafty petite’ sets WARM MY HEART!! Taylor will tell you all about them, but I think they are the perfect little gift for your crafty friend or someone you are trying to convince that stamping is pure pleasure. Can you believe some people need convincing? I used two of the four mini sets being released this month for my cards today—Knit Wit and Kitchy Kitchen. First up...








Sometimes a person is ‘feeling a little loopy’...so this card sympathizes! The sheep and sentiment are from the Knit Wit Crafty Petite set. I used the letterpress technique and a new Cuttlebug embossing folder (part of the Give A Hoot Embossing Bundle). This is really so easy—just brayer pigment ink all over the raised portion of the folder, sandwich your cardstock as you normally would and roll through your machine. I liked the result so much that I didn’t want to cover up too much, so I cut a window and stamped the sentiment on velum paper with Staz On ink. The sheep is coloured with prismacolors and then I couldn’t resist using liquid appliqué on him (or her). I’ll share a story about my experience with sheep in Scotland tomorrow...





I like to knit. I just don’t have much time for it and often don’t finish what I start. These little miniature swatches are so much fun and easy to finish...well, even when they’re not finished, they’re super cute on a card with toothpick knitting needles (I knit with regular needles and then transfer the stitches onto the toothpicks). The sentiment “you warm my heart” is from the Kitchy Kitchen Crafty Petite set. I’ve paired it with a snowflake from Winter Wonderland, embossed with white embossing powder and cut with the coordinating snowflake die. I arranged the dangling yarn pieces to create a heart.

Check out the Baker's Dozen today to warm your heart some more...

Charmaine Ikach

Donna Baker

Danielle Lounds

Jackie Pedro

Jami Sibley

Jodi Collins

Karen Giron

Karen Motz

Melissa Sauls

Regina Mangum

Sankari Wegman

Tori Wild, and

Taylor Van Bruggen

Thanks so much for looking...

~Nancy

10 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi Nancy! These are just darling. I love the vellum on the first and how you did a heart with the yarn on the second!

Do you still do blog design? I keep meaning to email you and ask if you will do one for me. I need a banner, siggy and sidebar dividers. Charlene is one of my BFFs and every time I pop onto her bloggy it reminds me!! Check out my bloggy and email me if you are interested!

Thanks love!! -michelle

Karen Giron said...

Oh my word!! Seriously? Look how cute the little toothpick knitting needles are with that little tiny project - adorable!! I love the frame you made with the sheep too - so clever!!

Danni said...

These are just seriously amazing! Wow!!

Davi said...

These are so darling!! Love the knitting on the card sooooo fun!!

Donna Baker said...

oh my - how fun with the small swatch of knitting with toothpicks, I SO will case this! I have recently started knitting a scarf and I carry it around with me all the time but never pick it up to work on it! I LOVE to knit & crochet during the Winter but haven't had much time being in the new house. LOVE your sideways sheep too!

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh, these are so cute, Nancy!! LOVE these new sets!!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE the vellum window on the sheep card and seriously...toothpick knitting??? It's brilliant combined with the snowflake and I love love LOVE how you placed the knitting tails in the shape of a heart!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my gosh, how stinkin' CUTE! Don't tell me you actually knitting that with the toothpicks!? I am not a knitter AT ALL, so the thought of someone knitting is beyond me, let alone with TOOTHPICKS!!!??? :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Okay, okay, now I read that you knit with regular needles and transfer to the toothpicks! Wow! That's amazing!

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

The knitting detail is sooo cute!!! Love it!