Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Friendship Blooms-Day 1 of TE Sneak Peeks

Today is the first day of sneak peeks for December at Taylored Expressions! Taylor's Baker's Dozen and I are showcasing one of the newest Whimsical Wishes sets—Friendship Blooms, which coordinates with a set of four flower dies and a die for the leafy branch too. I have two cards to share...

First, I can’t resist any stamp set that has coordinating dies! I’ve cut three of the four flowers in felt and used some of the other treats in store for you later this week (notice the border and backgrounds?). Just bright and cheery and super easy!


My next card uses the leafy branch in the set, stamped randomly in versamark and embossed with clear detail embossing powder on my background paper (Basic Grey Marjolaine 6x6 paper pad). Oops...I’ve done it again—you’ll hear more about the scalloped borders I’ve used later this week. Sorry to tease! The sentiment and leafy branch on my focal panel are stamped in Memento rich cocoa and then I used the leafy branch die to cut out the image. I sponged the white panel with chalk ink (the green from the Colorbox ocean breeze chalk ink box). Some half pearls on the border and larger leaves on the image...and that’s it.


Have a fabulous day and be sure to visit the Baker’s Dozen today for inspiration:

Charmaine Ikach

Donna Baker

Danielle Lounds

Jackie Pedro

Jami Sibley

Jodi Collins

Karen Giron

Karen Motz

Melissa Sauls

Regina Mangum

Sankari Wegman

Tori Wild, and

Taylor Van Bruggen

Thanks so much for looking...

~Nancy

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

WOW Nancy! These are SO striking!! LOVE the CAS design as well as the colors you used! I am WILD about these stamps!!

Regina Mangum said...

Hello, Nancy, dear! These cards are so elegant and lovely. I love the way you design cards. So beautiful! XOXO

Karen Giron said...

I am loving all that felt! It's so warm and cheery and your second card is so gorgeous! Love the color combo and all those pearls. Your card are always so super fab!!

Karen Motz said...

These cards each have such a different feel and they're both STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable, Nancy!