Friday, December 3, 2010

More sheep-December Release Day at Taylored Expressions



So I mentioned I’d have something to say about my experience in Scotland with sheep. Come to think of it, it may have been Wales—it was a long time ago...when I was an elementary school kid and we were on summer holidays in Great Britain. I remember sitting in a cafe (probably a pub) and watching the silly sheep grazing out in a marshy field only to have the tide come in and the sheep stranded...standing on any patch of higher ground they could find. Now wouldn’t you think these sheep would have been through this before and might have know not to graze in a loch?! Anyway, the sheep in Knit Wit is inspired by the sheep of Great Britain.

Thought I’d share another card with the sheep and her friend on their little patches of grass.


I’ve used the large scallop border die and the flowers and sentiment from Friendship Blooms. Now that I’m a McKinney (well, actually Ferguson McKinney), I have an attraction to all things Irish. These little blooms remind me of shamrocks with an extra petal. I’ve stamped both the solid and outlined image with chalk ink and cut out the flowers with the coordinating Friendship Blooms die. I coloured the half pearls with copics before placing them in the centres of each flower.

Check out what the Baker’s Dozen has to show you today...

Charmaine Ikach

Donna Baker

Danielle Lounds

Jackie Pedro

Jami Sibley

Jodi Collins

Karen Giron

Karen Motz

Melissa Sauls

Regina Mangum

Sankari Wegman

Tori Wild, and

Taylor Van Bruggen

Thanks for looking.

~Nancy

8 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love it! The story makes these sets even better and your card is so adorable with those little stranded sheep and "shamrocks". Love it!!!

Donna Baker said...

what a funny background story for the set - thanks for sharing! I love these sheep & your card is precious Nancy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Nancy! What a darling card! Those sheep look so sweet side by side and love the flowers sprinkled about :)

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!

Jackie Pedro said...

So so cute!!! Love this little sheep!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE the story of the sheep inspiration!!! This is thoroughly adorable!!!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so cute!

Danielle L. said...

AHHHH... Such a cute card and the sheep are completely adorable!