Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Little Shopper-Day 3 TE Sneaks

I thought I was excited about yesterday's sneak peeks (well, I was)...but today's stamps that Taylor's Bakers Dozen has to share are quite a thrill for me!! A few months ago I sent Taylor a collection of characters I had been playing with that started with my daughter Morgana. This month Taylor is releasing two of them, Olivia, the little shopper, and Jenn, the mommy-to-be. We've named these characters the Moka Collection and the logo features my Morgana Moka (Mo for Morgana and Ka for Katie who you'll meet sometime soon). Morgana loves to dance but has a mom who isn't so good with the required buns, so she always went off to class with a bit of a mop top. I've made it a pretty one for the Mokas though...it just wouldn't pass at Juilliard! Here are some recent photos of my girl and inspiration:


Another Whimsical Wishes set being featured today, It's in the Bag, is also one I REALLY wanted to see in rubber. It started with the bag and the concept for a shopping bag die and went from there with bag labels and cute images for every occasion. Finally to my card! I've used something from both setsOlivia from the Olivia Petite set and the label and happy birthday sentiment from It's in the Bag. The layout is loosely based on another one of Karen's fabulous and sweet Sunday sketches (SSSC115) and I like the card both wayswith and without the bag:




I stamped the sentiment Enjoy a Fabulous Day! inside and love the look of the Moka girl stamped black on kraft...



I followed Karen M's steps for paper-piecing, which really add dimension, and coloured Olivia's hair and skin with copics and prismacolors. I find shading the paper pieces with French grey 70% creates the look I want. I love this SU rich razzleberry and have teamed it with scraps of purple and blue from basic grey's kioshi paper pad and Bo-Bunny's a gift of love sophie dot paper. The tissue in the bag is really just a scrap of fabric.


I couldn't get to the Summer Wreath today, but I'll be back tomorrow with more. Time to check out the Baker’s Dozen talent...

Tori Wildand


Thanks for looking! 
~Nancy

7 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I can't even tell you how excited I was to ink up these Mokas! I am loving them and your card is darling {with and w/o the bag} and I really love the way you decorated the inside. Can't wait to see more from this collection!

Debbie Carriere said...

Great card!!! Love the inside:)

Jodi Collins said...

You are AMAZING Nancy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Moka girls...I already have a few samples made that I can't wait to show off!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this little Moka girl!!! Great cards. Super cute!

Leslie said...

Oooh love this little Moka girl!!! Super sweet, can't wait to see the rest. Your card is lovely - love the little bag on it!!! You are one VERY talented lady Nancy!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh Nancy I just LOVE these Mokas and your daughter is just GORGEOUS!! Oh goodness, you are going to have your work cut out for you soon...especially if she's anything like you, HAHA!! *hugs*

Jackie Pedro said...

I love this card with or without the bag!! I had no idea Karen had a method to her paper piecing!! Thank you for the link!