Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Fun-Day 1 of TE Sneak Peeks for June!

Aloha! Today's the first day of TE sneak peeks for June and I'm playing along with some of the stamps I illustrated for this release: A Day in Paradise and a new Moka girl, Lani.

First I've used the Muskoka chairs from A Day in Paradise (or Adirondack chairs if you like) arranged on a dock made of embossed kraft cardstock and facing some fairly wild waves for the cottage! The waves are cut with the new wave border die. I did highlight and shade the chairs with copics and prismacolors but wanted them to be mostly white. The picture might not fully show the embossed woodgrain on the dock using the new Impressions Plate that you'll see more of later this week.


And here's one of the new Mokas for June. Inspired after our fabulous trip to the Big Island and Maui in March, I've called her Lani, which I thought suited her when I learned the name is Hawaiian for "heaven." 



My Lani today looks like she has a bit of a dirty tan...maybe she has been at the luau too long! I'm planning to watch more 'colouring hair and skin videos' on YouTube!! I masked her before stamping a palm tree from Hangin' Out-At the Beach in the background and used the new palm tree die to cut another for my frame. Lani and her palm trees are coloured with copics and prismacolors with gamsol.

I won't likely get back to Hawaii soon but I'll be spending lots of time at the family cottage this summer! 

Can't wait to see what Taylor's team has dreamed up for summer with these sets:

Thanks for looking.
~Nancy

24 comments:

wendy said...

lovin this release...great job

Karen Giron said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I love the Adorondak chairs with the waves and your Lani is sooo cute, dirty tan and all ;)

Julie L. said...

I adore your cards! Wonderful creations!! :)

Julie L.
jlearned at charter dot net

Vicki said...

Ready for Friday so I can get my hands on these!

Regina Mangum said...

Hi Nancy! Your cards are darling and thank you so much for illustrating more wonderful and beautiful sets! XOXO

Mia said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing.

Karen Motz said...

These are FAB my friend!! I love the chairs on the dock and Lani is just too cute surrounded by those palm trees!!

RedGem said...

I just love the Hula Girl... looking forward to getting the Palm Tree die! Tks for sharing!

Taylor said...

So pretty, Nancy! Love the frame you made for Lani and the waves in front of the adirondack chairs! Super cute and clever!

Jackie said...

Totally adorable cards! I love the colors you used and the new stamps look amazing!

Jules said...

love the soft "ocean blue" shade you incorporated into each card!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Oooh--love your relax card, the color scheme is just wonderful. And your Aloha card is just too cute!

Chris L.

Lisa J said...

Lovely cards ~ your muted colour palettes are wonderful.

Kathi said...

Both cards are wonderful.

This looks like another great release.

Natalie said...

Heavenly!! Love the cards!

Jillisgram said...

Love the soft colors in your cards --- beautiful!

Holly Saveur said...

GORGEOUS Hula girl card!!

jan farnworth said...

love this release so many great stamp sets.

Billie A said...

Love the images and love the brown and teal very nicely done. I want these dies and images.

Jodi Collins said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Nancy! LOVE!

Glenda J said...

Great colours on these fabulous cards!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Both of your cards are lovely - but I especially like the card with the beach, waves, and adirondack chairs - I love the little scene you created and the soothing beachy color palette.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so fun and happy! What great beachy cards!

Danielle L. said...

Fabulous! Such pretty cards!