Monday, October 4, 2010

Hangin' Out at the North Pole-Day 1 Sneaks at Taylored Expressions

I’m excited to be part of today’s sneak peeks of Hangin’ Out—At the North Pole, one of my newest Whimsical Wishes sets being released on Thursday at Taylored Expressions. Taylor’s got a sleigh load of sets and goodies for you this month. I’ve used 10 of over 20 images in this set on the cards I have to show you today. Hmmm...which one to start with? Well, OMGolly! Here’s a snowman I hope you’ll love. I certainly do, especially teamed up with the Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather 6x6 paper.


I tried to break free from my typical square cards with this next one. I think Santa’s a little exposed! I drew the borders around the three images, and coloured them with copics/prismacolor pencils with gamsol. The border is created with the Scalloped Eyelet Border Die, a Taylored Expressions exclusive. The plaid paper is from the Basic Grey Jovial 6x6 Paper Pad.




Finally, I always think of Karen and Jami whenever Taylor asks me to add a bird to a set. I perched this sweet thing on one of the stockings. Back to square, I kept this card simple with no sewing or embossing. I’ve used the Scalloped Eyelet Border Die again and Take Note Die 3.





Enjoy the sneaks Taylor and these talented Baker’s Dozen gals have for you today:


· Charmaine Ikach

· Donna Baker

· Danielle Lounds

· Jackie Pedro

· Jami Sibley

· Jodi Collins

· Karen Giron

· Karen Motz

· Melissa Sauls

· Regina Mangum

· Sankari Wegman

· Tori Wild

I have more Whimsical Wishes peeks to share with you in the next few days. It’s so great to get a start on my Christmas cards!!

Thanks for looking...
~Nancy

14 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Oh NANCY!!!! These are amazing!! I LOVE your illustrations and to see you use them is the very best ever! LOVE the sweet snowman - he is so very jolly and those colors are perfect together!!! ANd the little santa accessories are awesome - great plaid! And the little birdie ontop of the stocking is so adorable --- CUTEEEEEE I can't even tell you HOW much I adore your creations!!!! Big big big big hugs beautiful!

Unknown said...

These are GREAT Nancy-- I love how you outlined the borders for the Santa card!! SUPER CUTE and fabulously colored!!

Jami said...

So I guess it's no surprise to you that the third card is my fave? I ALWAYS LOVE the birds you add to the sets and I keep saying that you need to do an entire bird set! Of course your other 2 cards are adorable as well and I am looking forward to inking up this set!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh! How TOTALLY fun these are Nancy! LOVE each of these but that middle card totally makes me smile! LOVE!

Melissa Sauls said...

Ahhhhh!! These are soooo fabulous Ms. Nancy!! How super clever to have that adorable birdie perched on the stocking! You always make me have "a-ha" moments when I see your cards!

Karen Motz said...

Wowzers GF!!! These are amazing!!! I love each of them, but especially the sweet little bird!!! :)

Regina Mangum said...

Nancy, you are so talented and amazing. These are all three wonderful.I love them all...they are so YOU. XOXO

Danielle L. said...

Ohhhh... these cards are all fabulous - just like your amazing illustrations which I am loving!!!

Natalie said...

ADORABLE!! Can't wait to see the rest! Love your creations.

Donna Baker said...

Oh my-these cards are super cute Nancy! I love the new sets!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Nancy, this set and your cards are incredibly cute! What a fabulous job you did on these!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how adorable, Nancy! I especially love the one with the squares. . .too cute!

Karen Giron said...

WOW!! These are SO adorable - I love the boxes with the Santa images, so creative!!

Taylor said...

So many fabulous cards! My fav is the top one...I think you found Mr. Snowman's perfect color combo with the teal/purple!