Thursday, October 7, 2010

October Release Day at Taylored Expressions!

Today’s release day at Taylored Expressions! You’ll want to get all of the details on Taylor's blog at 8am PST and visit the Baker’s Dozen for more inspiration. I have two more cards to share with you using several of my Whimsical Wishes designs in Hangin’ Out—At the North Pole, Sparkle & Cheer and Winter Wonderland. First, I created this one for this week’s Mojo Monday Sketch (159):

I printed the border on kraft cardstock, then cut out the inner square with nestabilities. My favourite whimsical reindeer from Sparkle & Cheer is stamped on the insert behind the window and then again on the top portion of the window. I covered the window with some scrap paper so the legs wouldn’t appear—just the antlers. It’s a fairly simple and quick card with no colouring...I used an EK Success edge punch below the sentiment, one of the fabulous new Winter Wonderland Snowflakes dies (which coordinate with the snowflake images in Winter Wonderland) for an embellishment, a rhinestone brad in the centre and some half pearls to adorn the deer.

I think this next one is my favourite. I was thinking about Karen when I brought out these non-traditional colours for the Holidays: tangerine, aqua/teal and black.

I paper-pieced my snowman’s mittens, scarf and nose from the same My Mind’s Eye paper and highlighted/shaded with copics and prismacolors with gamsol. I always think paper-piecing looks better with some shading. The background cardstock is Cosmo Cricket Aegean Mixed Dot Core’dinations sanded to reveal the white inner core. The felt snowflake is cut with another die in the Winter Wonderland Snowflakes trio being released today. I found this wooden snowflake at Michael’s (three in different sizes for just C$1.50). I used the same Momento tangelo ink that I used for sponging on the focal image, then lightly dry-brushed some white paint and sponged a hint of black ink. I've tucked a scrap of the striped SU ribbon behind the snowflake to tie it all together. Instead of stamping snowflakes, I added Taylor’s tiny twinkles in the air and on the snowflake embellishment. Of course, embellie gellie came in handy!

Here are the links to the fabulous Baker’s Dozen:

· Charmaine Ikach

· Donna Baker

· Danielle Lounds

· Jackie Pedro

· Jami Sibley

· Jodi Collins

· Karen Giron

· Karen Motz

· Melissa Sauls

· Regina Mangum

· Sankari Wegman

· Tori Wild

· Taylor Van Bruggen

Thanks so much for looking...

~Nancy

7 comments:

Regina Mangum said...

Nancy, these are simply wonderful. I love the snowflakes...pure gorgeousness! XOXO

Jodi Collins said...

These are just BEAUTIFUL Nancy! LOVE the GORGEOUS crispness of the first card and that sweet snowman on the second!!

Karen Giron said...

Love, LOVE that reindeer overlapping the panels and that little snowman is so delightful! Love him!

Karen Motz said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I love the reindeer card with the antlers going off the main panel, and the ribbon behind the snowflake on the second card really adds a fabulous touch!!!!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are great, but the reindeer one is GORGEOUS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

More gorgeous creations, Nancy! I just LOVE the colors on the snowman card! Awesome!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!