Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Holiday Frames-Day 3 of TE Sneak Peeks

I’m joining in again today with sneak peeks of one of the Whimsical Wishes sets the TE Baker’s Dozen is showcasing...Take Note Holidays. The frames in this set coordinate with the three Take Note dies released in August. I’ve used two of the frames; Take Note Die 1 and Take Note Die 2; and images and sentiments from Hangin’ Out—At the North Pole.

For my first, QUICK card I have to show you, I used the coordinating die to cut out the red frame and hand-trimmed the black inner frame. I sponged both (and each square background panel) with Distress Ink in antique linen, punched a tiny hole in the left bottom corner of the outside frame and strung thread to hang my little, copic-coloured mittens.


I think this next one is my favourite. I was inspired by what I saw already this week on the TE team blogs. Both Charmaine and Danielle teamed this sentiment with Santa’s suit, and Danielle also inspired me to try my liquid appliqué. I usually create late at night, but I waited until this morning to heat set the appliqué.

Amazing stuff, really! Of course, I torched it a little too long and achieved a toasty marshmallow look. I’m sure Santa wouldn’t mind, but I touched up the hat trim with my white Uni-ball Signo gel pen. Seemed to work. Again, I sponged the frame with Distress Ink in antique linen to tame down the white and match the toasted marshmallow! I’m loving the Bow Easy for these puffy, perfect bows.


Finally, one more today. It’s not actually part of today’s peeks, but rather yesterday’s... I just didn’t create it until last night. The Christmas bird and sentiments are from Sparkle & Cheer.

I printed the frame on kraft cardstock leaving room for the sentiment. My frame seemed a little large for the focal image, so to fill the space I used the lattice die, which was actually too big for the frame. To fix this, I cut a piece away from the centre and covered up the seam with the image and the half crystals. Can you tell?

Enjoy the wonderful creations the talented Baker’s Dozen have for you today:

· Charmaine Ikach

· Donna Baker

· Danielle Lounds

· Jackie Pedro

· Jami Sibley

· Jodi Collins

· Karen Giron

· Karen Motz

· Melissa Sauls

· Regina Mangum

· Sankari Wegman

· Tori Wild

· Taylor Van Bruggen

Tomorrow all of the goodies you’ve seen this week will be available at Taylored Expressions! Thanks for looking...

~Nancy

8 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Loving these, Nancy!! The mittens hanging from the frame are so cute and that lattice - it's gorgeous!!

Donna Baker said...

Nancy!! These cards are so incredibly fabulous and of course I have to get the remaining sets I didn't get now! You are an excellent artist in so many ways-so glad you played along with us!!

Jodi Collins said...

These are STUNNING Nancy! LOVE the mittens dangling from the focal panel and the other cards are PURE elegance! GORGEOUSNESS!

Jami said...

Wow Nancy! I love them all! The santa suit is my fave, but I also love the simple mittens hanging from the sentiment. And the dove card is beautiful - very clever to make that lattics work!

Norma said...

All beautiful cards!!!Love the mittens hanging so cute:)

Regina Mangum said...

Nancy, your cards just scream CLASSY. These are beautiful. Gorgeous in every detail. XOXO

Karen Motz said...

Total gorgeousness again today Nancy!!! I love all three cards, but I think my fave is the Santa suit one...swoon!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Once again...more palm implanted to forehead moments here. GORGEOUS cards my friend!!! You have been busy!! I so wish I lived closer to pick your brain....and maybe have a cocktail too....ok, maybe just have a cocktail. *HUGS*