Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Believe, Be Strong


I created this angel image months ago and for some reason Dawn McVey's color challenge this week made me think of her.



Today I was chatting with a friend who is going through a lot and so I was also thinking of her, hoping she's strong and that she continues to 'believe' that things happen for a reason. I tried to keep the card simple with some elegant embellishments--I hope I've achieved this.


I printed my angel and sentiment on Gina K 120lb luxury cardstock and the angel again on translucent vellum, then coloured her with copics and highlighted the swirls with my atyou spica in turquoise--sorry, I know the blue is not supposed to be turquoise but I thought it worked. I embossed the top border with the flowers from the Cuttlebug Border Set Frills, paper pierced the swirl and edges of the card and curled the vellum wings for some interest and dimension. The recessed areas in the flowers and the swirls called for the gems I just received in a May Release VIP collection from My Favourite Things.

Thanks for looking...
~Nancy

5 comments:

Leonie said...

Such a sweet angel, pretty card!

Regan said...

wow, it sure is pretty!

Lisa H. said...

FABulous use of those colors. this card is beautiful!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love that angel image!!

Deanna said...

So pretty!