Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Wicked Wardrobe!

I'm excited to be playing along again today as the Baker's Dozen shows sneaks of Hangin' Out Wicked Wardrobe. This may be my favourite Whimsical Wishes set yet!! I have two cards today and another to share with you tomorrow. I designed the set so the witch's dress could hang on a line or be combined with the sweet witchy head, satchel and hat to create an adorable witch. So... I had to use her in my first card! I coloured my witch with copics and prismacolors/gamsol and flocked her trim and hat with Martha Stewart flocking powder in ladybug, which I hope shows up if you zoom in. I wanted to keep the layout simple but add texture with tulle.






For my next card, I created a lamppost with the arrow, swirl and lantern. The border is a new Martha Stewart edge punch (Spiderweb) for me and the top border is cut from Cosmo Cricket's Haunted: Eerie paper, then lightly dry-brushed with white acrylic paint and sponged with black ink (that would be Memento in tuxedo black, Melissa!). I coloured the lantern and cat eyes with copics and applied crystal effects to make them shine. I couldn't tell which was the better picture, but you'll see the original version and a little later with extra half pearls on the border and glitter glistening in the spider web.

Can’t wait to see what Taylor’s team has cooked up with Hangin’ Out Wicked Wardrobe today...

Thanks for looking...

~Nancy

7 comments:

Taylor said...

Oooh...fun fun! I love your wicked witch with the black tulle accents! And the diamond border with the pearl accents across the top is perfect! These are such fun stamps to work with, Nancy!

Dana White said...

Nancy what a great halloween set! Awesome cards

Jami said...

So fun to see the witch all put together and I love the lamp post! You did another OUTSTANDING job with this set!

Regina Mangum said...

Nancy, you know how much I admire you and your projects today just confirm how I feel! I love your witch and the lamp post card is spectacular (my vote is for the pearls!) Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...just like you! XOXO

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Nancy! These are AMAZING! LOVE the layouts and I ADORE this fabulous new set!!

Karen Giron said...

Your little creative touch is amazing! Love the borders you created and the fabulous lantern!! Perfection!

Karen Motz said...

So FUN!!! I love the flocking on the first card and the lantern on the second card really looks like it's glowing!!