Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3 of TE Sneak Peeks for August!

I'm fixin' to show you some Day 3 sneaks for Taylored Expressions today! {Did I get that right, Melissa?} We've got Western Mokas, Jesse and Jane, and a fun coordinating set, Wild West. I also illustrated a few other Whimsical Wishes goodies that some of the Baker's Dozen will be showing too. I had one of those creative nights when my cards just turned out the way I imagined them! Here they are...

First, I went totally clean & simple with one layer and I LOVE IT! 




I stamped the prickly saguaro cactus image and sentiment directly on my kraft card base and coloured with prismacolors and gamsol. The rattlesnake is stamped on Gina K pure luxury and coloured with copics and prismacolours, cut out and popped up. I teased my husband that I could just have this card ready to give and re-give him when needed. 

Although my layout is simple on this next one, there's more going on. 




I stamped the saloon doors and Jesse on Gina K pure luxury cardstock and had lots of fun colouring with copics and prismacolors. I cut away the door opening and stamped 'Howdy' and 'Partner' on patterned paper, then popped the scene in front. I used baker's twine to create a lasso embellishment. This would be a great boy birthday or any day card, don't you think? Here's another view of the door open and Jesse sporting his Sheriff's star:



Can't wait to see what the Baker's Dozen dreams is fixin' to do today!

Thanks for stopping by...
~Nancy

4 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love how CAS the WW card is - sooo perfect! I think I could give that one to my husband quite a few times, especially when I'm hungry and grouchy, haha! Jesse is just so handsome and I love how you hid the sentiment behind the saloon doors - cute!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OMG! These are fabulous! I agree with Karen on the CAS card on the kraft paper - awesome!! :-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE that first card with the cactus and snake. . .so simple, but PERFECT! Your Jesse card is adorable!

Ali said...

These cards are fabulous and wonderful creative designs...

plastic cards
clear business cards