Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finding JOY today

Technically since I finished this card after midnight, I made it on World Card Making Day! I'm also playing along with Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #17 using red, aqua, cream, chocolate and kraft...just the colours I see in the Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly papers. And why not do this Friday's TE Sketch Challenge (TESC85) while I'm at it?!
Inspired by Jodi and her sewing sensations, I tried sewing the accent ribbon in the funky way I've seen on so many cards. A little squashed but I'm not disappointed--I'll just have to practise. I wanted to keep the JOY image simple and clean. This is just one of many images from the new Whimsical Wishes set, Wings of Joy, at Taylored Expressions. Although I illustrated this image as part of the set, the design concept is Jami Sibley's. Jami, I hope you're tickled by what you've seen from the TE Design Team...I certainly am!

Details: PTI red poppy, aqua mist, dark chocolate, kraft and vintage cream cardstock; patterned paper, Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly; PTI aqua mist grosgrain, Rustic Cream Button Twine and button; Cuttlebug embossing folders; Spellbinders frame die; copics; sewing machine

10 comments:

Maureen said...

love all your textures on this one...a feast for the eyes!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Kist gorgeous! That ruffle is the perfect touch. ;)

Inspired Scrapper said...

Wow super cute I love all the detail in the card :)

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is perfect! I love all the embossing you did and the sewing rocks. It seems lately that if I don't sew on it, it isn't finished and I need lots of practice!

Taylor said...

This is gorgeous, Nancy! You have just the right balance of color and I love your ruffled ribbon!

Jami said...

Thanks so much for the shout out Nancy! Yes I am beyond thrilled with all the creations so far - giddy in fact! I love yours - the framing is perfect and that stitched ribbon is great! So happy to have worked with you and Taylor on this fabulous set!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your sewing and all of the many elements on this FAB card!

Mandalika said...

Lovely layers and textures. It is a gorgeous card.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Adorable stiching element. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Donna Baker said...

I adore your card (and the set!) your stitching is awesome!