Friday, October 2, 2009

On Wings of Joy

Hopefully you've seen what the TE design team has for you today...their sneak peeks of the newest Whimsical Wishes set are beyond incredible! I had so much fun illustrating this set and am thrilled to see what can be done with it. I wanted to play along too so I have this simple little card to share:




Inspired by Belinda's card, I wanted to include lots of white space and have the image travel beyond the edge. I picked up the scallops from this little strip of Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly paper and used my rectangular scallop nestie to create an embossed scallop edge on just one edge of the sentiment tag mat. A little PTI grosgrain in Aqua Mist and Rustic Cream Button Twine and a few Kaiser pearls to finish it off. Easy! Sometimes it's good to go simple, isn't it???

1 comment:

Taylor said...

So fabulous! I never would have thought to carry the image off the card front and I love all that white space...especially when mass-producing for Christmas cards! Just might have to case this idea! :)