Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sometimes there are no words

Although I wanted to play along with more of the fabulous challenges posted yesterday on Splitcoast, I've run out of time! Here is my simple card for the WCMD09E -Verve Stamps challenge asking us to pick a flag and make a card using the colors of that flag.

Just a few hours ago, I learned that a friend of my husband's boss (and someone my husband knows well) died suddenly yesterday. I intentionally picked Botswana, which gave me blue, white and black-the colours I wanted for this sympathy card. I used retired SU soft sky cardstock and ribbon and PTI black and rustic white cardstock.



I embossed the soft sky panel with the leafy (name?) Cuttlebug folder, which I actually cut at the top seam so I could place the image where I wanted. To highlight the embossed image, I gently sponged with soft sky classic ink and stitched with black thread around the panel. Sorry that this card doesn't photograph better--it's very soft and understated. The message on the front (done on the computer and printed) says Sometimes there are no words and inside says Our sympathy and understanding is with you. in very light, small print.

No comments: